Sep 29, 2012

This Means WAR

Things have been coming to a head with RoomDog over the last few weeks. The days of hoping we'd be friends are long gone. I stopped saying "hello" to him when I got home a few weeks back after he replied with stone cold silence one too many times. And then, this week, war was declared.

Reasons why we are at war with RD:


  •  He can't seem to grasp the concept that other people need to use the sink and can't when his dishes have been there for 3 days.
  •  The fruit fly that watched me shower has invited his entire extended family to the show. Dinner is provided in the trash can, courtesy of RoomDog's banana peels.
  •  RD decided that rather than filling the propane tank on the grill which he emptied making his weekly meals, he would leave it empty for me and BearFace to fill and use the oven instead. 
  • Why does the cabinet containing your food have to stay open?? Why?? Is it too much work to open and close each time you want to slather some tuna fish with mayo??
  • I literally can't listen to him speak for more than 30 seconds without feeling the need to dramatically roll my eyes.

And this was where the proverbial "line in the sand" was drawn:

• There was OATMEAL on my razor in the shower. Oatmeal. Ok, A) I still dont understand why you are eating oatmeal in the shower? But more importantly B) why are you touching my razor???

So this week BearFace decided to go to war with him, and I agreed to join! (Of course this is a passive-aggressive war so I'm not sure he's even going to notice.)

Our battle tactics:

• No more washing his dishes.
• Ran out of toilet paper which Drew and I have been supplying for the past 3 months. Hid the new stash in our bedroom. Tough luck.
• Removed the trash can from the bathroom.
• Dropped his "clean" tupperware on the dirty kitchen floor and let Murphy lick it. Oops! My bad. (He doesn't use soap to wash dishes anyway!)

Here's the score so far:

Michelle and BearFace: 1
RoomDog: 0

He actually left his bedroom today to (presumably) go buy toilet paper.  I'll post updates as the battle continues to rage.

Right now I'm on a train to NYC to visit the bro and 2 of my Uconn cronies! Which is good for RD because my claws were starting to show. As I'm sure you can tell by the bitter undertones in this post...

I leave you with an adorable picture of Murphy to lighten the mood a little!


1 comment:

  1. I know your not feeling this way but it's a little bit funny. I feel confident that you and Andrew will win this war and eventually RD will notice. Have fun visiting.

    ReplyDelete