Sep 18, 2012

Business as Usual

Myrtle Beach Uconn Reunion- check!

Now we're back to business as usual.  Can't say I missed Salem County all that much. (Although I did miss my boyfriend and four-legged beast, of course).  My flight got in at 10:30 Sunday night, and then I had an hour drive from the Atlantic City Airport back to Alloway.  It was rough, especially since I didn't get my required 10 hours of sleep/night while in Myrtle Beach.

Reasons I was not excited to return to Alloway, NJ:

  • 17 deer.  I passed 17 deer on my way home at 11 pm.  Luckily, they were street smart and stayed out of the road.  Which is good because I could barely keep my eyes open!  
  • Giant spiders are building giant webs around my yard. (If I ever find one in the house, I will be back in CT in 3 seconds flat).
  • I found this when I got home from work on Monday: 

RoomDog does not believe in dish towels.  Instead, he dries his dishes on the deck.  
  • My dog, although very cute and lovable, is a trouble-maker.

You forgot to close the bedroom door when you went out, and I might have gone through your trash.  Again.  It was a good time, but I'm feeling pretty guilty right now.  

I did enjoy my Tuesday off though.  Weekly cleaning, laundry, and riding.  


Finally got to go on a trail ride in New Jersey!


It's no Ayer Mountain, but it will definitely do!

These made my trail ride more enjoyable:


This llama is photobombing my socks.  

Hands down, the funniest birthday present I have ever received, thanks to my Buddy!  I am the proud owner of the only pair of llama riding socks ever made.  Ever.  

BearFace and I are on a salads-only diet this week to clear out my system after a weekend of hearty meals.  (And because we like salad.)  So no recipes for a few days, but I have some in the works.  Have no fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment