Sep 8, 2012

Introduction


I’ve been talking about starting a blog for years now, ever since my days in Hilltop Apartments at Uconn with my crazy friends, BeenBag, MagSauce, and Banana.  Let’s be honest, I was always the normal one of the bunch, but when you put those three together, you get ridiculous comments when you least expect it.  Word vomit, if you will. 
 {Example- a text I received from MagSauce: “Oprah once ate 30 pounds of Mac and Cheese”.  Enough said.} 
Sadly, I never started that blog, and most of our hilarious (if only to the 4 of us) quotes have long been forgotten, along with any knowledge I ever had of calculus, embryology, and most certainly general chemistry.  
From there, I had plans to start a blog about my four-legged friend Murphy and all of my possessions that he destroyed. 
{Example- he once ripped a poster off my door, shredded it and my Christmas thank you notes, and devoured almost an entire tub of peppermints during the 15 minutes or less that I was in the shower. True story.}
 Unfortunately for my creativity, but fortunately for my possessions, he got over that phase before the blog began.  May have had something to do with the death threats he was receiving from his mother…  
So here we have a new idea…a blog about my adventures in Alloway, NJ.  What am I doing here?  Good question.  Watching corn grow.  
Seriously though, I am here being a supportive girlfriend while BearFace (Drew) is in training to become a game warden.  For those of you who do not know what that is, look it up.  While he’s busy learning how to be a badass, I’ve been busy doing what I do best—saving the lives of sick and injured animals.  You might call me Dr. Doolittle.  (Just kidding, but I am working as a vet tech).
We are living out in the middle of nowhere (hence the corn growing) with our (my) dog, the Murphster, and a fellow game warden recruit, who shall remain nameless for the duration of our confinement with him.  This is a chronicle of our adventures, and an easy way to update friends and family.  Those of you who have attempted to call me already know I have the cell phone reception of a remote village in Alaska.  I promise there will be cute pictures of my child(oops—dog) doing cute things, some of my most sacred recipes, and hopefully a few laughs.  Can’t promise the laughs; like I said I was always the normal one. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha omg Michelle I love this! I'm so excited to read the rest of your blog! I wish we had that quote board. It was epic! Lol I have a feeling I'm gonna have this view that these blogs are personal messages to me so I may end up commenting on every post. Does that make me self absorbed? Possibly but I'm ok with that

    ReplyDelete