Sep 27, 2012

Attack Goat

Nothing too exciting down here in Alloway today...just a trip to the barn after work to ride my friend Ty.  Murphy decided he wanted to come along today.  Which sounded like a good idea at first, but then I remembered how crazy he gets at the barn sometimes.  Especially when he hasn't been there for a while.  AAAND especially when there's a mischievous goat named Ember who roams the property.

Murphy's thoughts on Ember: OMG SOMETHING LIVING THAT I CAN PLAY WITH!  
Ember's thoughts on Murphy: GET AWAY FROM ME, SMALL WHITE WIGGLING CREATURE!

Luckily Murphy is quick on his feet, and Ember is twice as wide as she is tall, because she would have head-butted him if he hadn't moved.  After the rearing and attempted head-butting, Murphy decided to play duck-duck-goat.  It looked something like this:


(Sorry, I can't get the video to upload for some reason!)

And then it was home to the mouth-watering aroma of my crockpot dinner, just waiting to be eaten!

 Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken

I actually put this together last night, and refrigerated it until Drew put it in the crockpot for me this afternoon.
  • 6 chicken breasts, defrosted
  • 1 jar (24 oz.) mild or medium salsa 
  • Juice from 1 lime
  • 1 pkg. taco seasoning
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1 cup brown rice
  1. Mix together salsa, lime juice, taco seasoning, jalapenos, and cilantro.  
  2. Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
  3. Coat chicken with salsa mixture.
  4. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
  5. Cook rice according to package instructions slightly before chicken is done.
  6. Pull apart chicken breasts with fork.
  7. Top rice with chicken, salsa mixture, and cheddar cheese.
I am a baby when it comes to spice, so I opted for mild salsa and only 1 jalapeno pepper.  When it comes to cilantro, however, I can't get enough.  (I actually munched on some while I was chopping.  Weird? Maybe.)  I probably added closer to 1/2 cup than 1/4 cup.  I recently read that loving cilantro is actually genetic.  Apparently this cilantro-loving gene determines whether you find cilantro irresistible, or find that it tastes like soap.  (Or bug-infested bedclothes.  Who knew?)  I certainly am NOT a cilantrophobe.  Just can't get enough of the stuff.      

This dish smelled amazinggg while it was in the crockpot, and I couldn't wait to eat it.  I was certainly not disappointed.  I am plotting a cilantro lime chicken burrito for lunch tomorrow.   



That's all for now.  I'm off to NYC to visit my favorite brother, Joe, this weekend, and meet up with the long lost Mad Dawg and Caitlin!  

With that, I leave you with one more Murphy video:



No comments:

Post a Comment