Feb 8, 2013

A Day in the Life of a Murphy

Some of you may have wondered what my dog does all day.  I have often wondered it myself.  Being unemployed, and not having anyone else to talk to, it seemed like a good idea to spend a day observing this strange, wiggling creature that resides in my home.


  • 8 am (1 hour after rising) to 9:30 am



The subject starts off the day with a morning nap.
  • 9:35 am

"Don't you have something useful to do, Mom?  
Like, go to work or something?"
  • 9:59 am

"I was kidding!  Are you really leaving me here?!"

  • Somewhere between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm (While Mom is out job searching)

The subject inexplicably opens the locking trash can, 
presumably in search of snacks.

  • 1 pm to 1:45 pm

"But Mom, I SAID I was sorryyyy!"


  • 1:50 pm

The subject dons a jacket and gets in the car, demanding 
to go on an adventure.
  •  2 pm to 2:45 pm




An adventure is had. 

  • 2:46 pm (No picture of this one, but it was an observation of interest)
    • Upon returning to the parking area at the conclusion of the hike, the subject spots a chocolate lab puppy in an SUV, and jumps in the backseat with the puppy.  Mom yells "COME" at him, and apologizes profusely to the driver of said vehicle (who was quite friendly).  The subject completely ignores Mom. 
  • 3 pm to 4:30 pm

The subject takes a post-adventure nap.

  • 4:30 pm-5:59 pm

"Excuse me?  I know it's not dinner time yet, but 
I'm feeling a trifle hungry and was wondering if 
 you could feed me.  I'll show you where the food is."

  • 6:01 pm

Despair and starvation set in. 

  • 6:10 pm to bedtime

The subject goes into a coma after devouring his nightly meal. 



This was actually an eventful day for Murphy, despite all the napping.  Usually the "garbage scavenging" time is spent also napping.  Such an odd dog... 

No comments:

Post a Comment