Nov 13, 2012

The Most Magical Day

I have solved the problem of the water-stained shower.  It has been my only goal for about 2 weeks now, and I finally did it.  In retrospect, I probably should have been able to figure it out much sooner, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, as they say.

BearFace spoke to our landlord this weekend to see if perhaps our well needed to be conditioned.  Tracy said it was probably just because the shower is being used more frequently than when he lived there alone, and gave us some special cleaner to use that he said should do the job.  I was unreasonably excited at this, and determined that I would not rest today until the shower was clean.

Now, for someone who HATES cleaning showers, that was not a particularly pleasant goal to wake up to on this rainy day off.  But I tackled the bathroom with vigor early this morning.  And failed miserably, once again.  My hopes were raised when the cleaner, Spray Nine, got most (but not all) of the rust stains off the sink, but after a literal hour of scrubbing and scrubbing and scrubbing the tub, I was getting nowhere (except high off the fumes).  So I decided a trip to Walmart was in order, where I spent a good 10 minutes in the All-Purpose Cleaners aisle reading the back of every cleaning product on the market.  I settled on Soft Scrub, a pair of rubber gloves, and some Daily Shower spray.

And then...it happened!  I fell in love (with Soft Scrub).  It is, without a doubt, the most magical cleaning product known to man.  After carefully reading the directions and letting the product soak on the stains for 3 minutes (no more, no less), I scrubbed away.  And watched the stains magically disappear!  I don't think anyone in the history of shower cleaners has ever been so happy about cleaning a shower.  And then I couldn't stop...I scrubbed the bathroom sink, the toilet, even the stainless steel kitchen sink.  SO STINKING SHINY.  But seriously, I think I have a problem (I guess I could have a worse addiction than an obsession with cleaning).

Things I concluded before, during, or after my cleaning expedition:
  • I am 75% sure that my shower is now the cleanest shower in all of New Jersey.
  • I am 100% sure that I am plumb out of elbow grease.
  • If the H1N1 swine flu virus was, for any reason, inexplicably living in my tub, it has now been completely eradicated, thanks to Spray Nine (I guess it wasn't completely useless after all).
  • 10 years from now, I will probably develop carpal tunnel due to the amount of scrubbing that was done today (2 1/2 hours.  Of scrubbing.  Ridiculous).
  • I will NOT be cleaning the shower next week.  End of story.  
Just when I had had enough of cleaning for the day, I headed to the barn with Murphy to ride Chubbles.  Who was FILTHY.  Must have rolled around in the mud for the better part of the morning.  After a thorough scrubbing of Chubbles, we had a nice ride in the rather muddy ring, watched Murphy run around like a rabid dog, and then called it a day.  


Murphy calls it a day. 


Nothing exciting on the menu for tonight....we are having a "detox" week of tasty and healthy salads.  I do have this to share from last week, though.


Unfortunately I do not have a picture, but I loved this soup.  It was easy, hearty, and healthy.  And cooks in the crockpot.  Really, what more could you ask for?!

I apologize for the lack of posts in the last few weeks.  There hasn't been much to report, except the usual weekend riding, hunting, and grocery shopping.  BearFace and I are feeling a bit stir-crazy down here...we are ready for the next move to a hilly-er county (no more RD will be a big weight off our shoulders, that's for sure). I will be going to Atlanta with my family for Thanksgiving to visit a long-lost aunt, uncle, and cousins, so things will be picking up soon!  And after that, only a few more weeks of the police academy, which means BearFace will be going into hibernation for a while.  We are both excited for that to be over, and will hopefully be able to spend some much-needed time in CT with friends and family around Christmas.  Just counting down the days now!


Still not used to the flatness of South Jersey, but it sure can be pretty sometimes.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment